Sunday, January 18, 2009

zagledati vi v pred enim letom približno

For those of us who can't read it says "See you in a year or so" in Slovenien.

I spent the better almost all my free time Thursday and Friday helping get the finishing touches on the packing and cleaning with Benjam and Chelsea. Sometimes that was lugging boxes other times it was just watching Skye. The whole time was kinda surreal. I have known Benjam 14+ years. Unlike most of the people I meet we stay pretty close. Through marriage and most recently kids we spend less overall time together but we stay in touch. Thanks to the internet we will still get to see and talk to each other, but no more random lunch dates. Or spontanious game nights or no more photo sessions with the cutest member of the Welker household. (you know who you are)

What was interesting to come to understand over the years is how much Benjam and Kati are alike. As well as how much Chelsea and I are a like. In the personality department not so much the physical department. It makes me wonder how we are attracted to different people, those with skills and attitudes we need to balance our own out. You guys make a really good team! I know you will do well on your adventure. I am excited for you and nervous at the same time.

You will be missed here. Every time I watch tv, play the Wii or watch a movie at my place I will thnk about you. If you extend your stay past a year there is a good chance we will come see you in Europe. I hope you get to take advantage of your position to explore. I know how much you both like to learn. (dictionary in the bathroom, nuff said) Take tons of pictures. Update the blog like you used to. Finaly once you get settled lets set up a Skype night.

I truly love you like family and miss you already!

3 comments:

J.M. said...

to Benjam and Chelsea -- wow. dictionary in the bathroom, that is pretty nerdy. miss you and love you guys. and you better come back soon!

to Josh -- very well said, we are gonna miss them so much too. i can't believe they are really gone on a such a crazy adventure. i guess you're just gonna have to hang out with us until they get back =)

and I think I fixed the color on my blog (just a darker font) let me know if anything else looks hard to read or funny. oh yeah and give Kati a hug for us too, I hope we see you guys soon!

Benjam said...

I'm no expert in Slovak, but I'm pretty sure that's spelled wrong.

There aren't near enough letters with accents and stuff on them.

As for the dictionary in the bathroom, it has gained a language, and is now an English-Slovak dictionary, and has moved to the living room where it's being used all the time. Mostly to figure out how to use the washing machine.

We miss everybody as well... more than you know.

See you soon on Skype.

Blog post soon as well... it's a bit crazy right now.

chels said...

Thanks again for all of your help!!

We miss you and Kati stopping by and just hanging out. We love you like family as well and can't wait for the newest lil Farrer.