Friday, January 30, 2009

Why I love Utah in the Winter

Carrie gave me some inspiration on a subject to write about. I love the snow, when its fresh and beautiful. I love how it clings to tree branches, sits on the roof tops, and makes good projectiles. I really love it to ski though. This year I was fortunate enough to befriend an employee of the Canyons Sky Resort. Do to this friendship a season pass made its way to my ski gear pile. Last year I got skis, boots and poles, so I get to ski this year for gas money only. And I do plan on taking advantage of that.

I have been up only twice with the camera. It makes me nervous to ski with it on the back. So the first time I barely took it out. The day was cloudy, so not so good of pictures. Yesterday though it was awesome! Cold, but the sun was out. Fresh snow everywhere. All I can say is, don't hate the playa' hate the game.

At the Canyons there is like a town up there. So you ski under bridges that cars drive on. I think its cool. Plus all the brown stuff you see is wood sticks. I will get a better shot of it next time.


This was a nerve racking self portrait on the lift. Turned out nice I think, but man all I was thinking, don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it!


And a scenery shot I converted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks great Josh!!!! Glad I could inspire you a little. LOVE the last shot... that would be awesome blown up in mom's basement (although, it looks "cold" so who knows if she'd go for it...lol)

Can't wait to see what else you capture!

Tiffany said...

I love that last picture. Good Job Josh