Monday, March 22, 2010

What a Sunday!

As some of you may know I am seriously considering hiring out my photography services. This is mainly due to the fact I need some way to support my habit. The good stuff is kind of expensive and I want, I want, I need I need.

So, yesterday I lined up some willing parents, and some unwilling children to come over for pictures. It started at 9:30 with little miss Skye. It took her a little bit to warm up, but we got it done and she played with Reese for a while too.





Angie, a good friend and awesome potter, brought some pieces over to be documented. She was kind and patient enough to fill the down time between kids.

At 11:30 a gal I work with brought her very cute 2 month old over. He was awake, and mellow. We even went al'natural. No accidents even.




At 12:30 Anna brought their lovely daughter Mikaela over. She was a fun energetic little girl. Lesson one learned. (always have extra batteries) We have rechargeable for most things but not the CR123a batteries for one flash. The awesome wife ran and got me some and the shoot went on.

After she was done it was a quick lunch break and back to finishing up the pottery. I rapped up shooting around 3:30 and wanted to get right into editing. We did have dinner plans though so I had to hold back just a bit.


Just two of the amazing works of Angie. The girls got skills what can I say.





Dinner was another awesome event. We ate at my cousins Tim and Jenny with there kids and stayed till 10 talking and playing games. They have a truly wonderful house made excellent food. And even though we warned Reese about all the pretty girls being related to him, it couldn't be stopped. He did like Ryan too. Thanks again Smith's for your hospitality and overall good time. I think we should schedule sometime soon for the next one.


After we got home I put in some work on editing and got a few done that I've shared here. Now time to finish the rest.

I say mission success at this time.

-Josh

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm very impressed, good job but don't forget to post the last little girl.

Benjam said...

who's that top little girl's parents? they have to be some seriously sexy people to be making a kid that cute.

Unknown said...

I agree with mom... you got some pretty great pics of Phoebe a few weeks ago, post some of them :)